Thursday, January 22, 2009

If it didn't happen, it can't happen

A few things:

1) Last night I finally saw the hit musical Wicked.  It has been playing in Chicago for a few years and leaves next week, so I thought I'd better get to it.  I really enjoyed this spectacular show.  The production values such as staging and lighting were some of the best I've ever seen, and the two lead actresses did an amazing job.  The story was compelling and complex, with some interesting undertones.  Though I thought the first half of the show was a bit long and some musical numbers were superfluous, overall, I throughly enjoyed the show.

And seeing this great production made me realize that I need to see more shows, since I have access to them.

2) Lost premiered last night, so I just finished watching it on DVR.  Good god.

3) Oscar nominations came out today.  Most of it was as expected, though I do wish The Wrestler had been nominated for Best Picture.  I have seen four of the five BP nominees, with only Frost/Nixon to see.  I thought maybe The Dark Knight might squeak in a BP nom, but it was not to be.  I also think Leonardo DiCaprio should have been nominated.  I guess it is also no surprise the Benjamin Button got so many nominations, since the technical aspects of that film were stunning.  I am glad Slumdog Millionaire got ten nominations, and it will win several.  A couple of underdog noms came in: Richard Jenkins is nominated for The Visitor, and though I have not seen this film, he is always a superb actor and a great addition to any project, from Six Feet Under to Burn After Reading to Step-Brothers.

Anyway, it should be a good Oscar night, and of course I'll be live-blogging that one month from now.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

I like how Sawyer just happened to not have a shirt on when the camp disappeared.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Ha. That seems to happen a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home