Thursday, January 29, 2009

"If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"

I am very proud to be from Illinois.  I voted for Rod Blagojevich, but at the time I had no idea that he was so close in character to Gandhi, King, and Mandela.  Or Pearl Harbor for that matter.


Seriously though, I think spectacle is fun, and I am getting a huge kick out of watching this study in narcissism as he spirals down, completely oblivious.

Oh, and they will have to change these ego-filled signs all over the tollways:

The 32 blue Blagojevich signs were erected in 2004 at a cost of $480,000.

5 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

have you seen revolutionary road?

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I have.

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

The $480K made me chuckle. You gotta love $15,000 per sign.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Tom posited...

I honestly didn't think I would see a better movie than CCoBB for a while, but damn. What a film. In the theater I was at, several people laughed out loud at the last scene. I mean, I see the humor there, but I feel like if you can laugh out loud at it, you really missed the point.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger matt posited...

he kinda reminds me of le chiffre.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home