Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The chaiwallah has done it again!

I saw a quite  few films that came out in 2008, most of them pretty good.  (Of course I do not go to movies that I don't think I'll like, so that helps the percentages.)  These are a few movies that I enjoyed but that did not make my list: Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Snow Angels, Pineapple Express, Burn After Reading, Tropic Thunder, W.

So, now to the list.

The Best Films of 2008
15. Iron Man
14. The Reader
13. Doubt
12. Frost/Nixon
11. The Visitor
10. Gran Torino
9. Revolutionary Road
8. Milk
7. Frozen River
6. In Bruges
5. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
4. Wall-E
3. The Dark Knight
2. The Wrestler
1. Slumdog Millionaire

7 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger KCSherri posited...

ITA with this list - Slumdog was amazing. Glad to see it win the awards at the British Film Festival. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughed - albeit guiltily - at Forgetting Sarah Marshall!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger sherlock posited...

Unfortunately, I've seen but a handful of the contenders. I am glad, however, to see that both In Bruges and WALL-E made your personal list

WV: womemo
1. from memorandum

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

My list would be something like


Gran Torino
Dark Knight
Rev Road
Ben Button

I didn't see very many movies...

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

that is,

4
3
2
1

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Mycket posited...

Agree with the list almost to a point. With two small exceptions - I'd switch places with The Visitor and In Bruges. The Visitor is so moving. I hope Jenkins wins the Oscar.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

If we're posting top 5 lists here, mine would be:

5. Milk
4. Pineapple Express
3. Slumdog Millionaire
2. The Dark Knight
1. Wall-E

Although when I finally get to see "The Wrestler," I know that will find a way on to this list.

wv: Judea (an omen?)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger matt posited...

5. The Dark Knight
4. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
3. Gran Torino
2. Doubt
1. Slumdog

i have yet to see milk, but im hoping to get to that, along with the reader, before the 22nd.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home