Monday, July 14, 2008

Fall off the table and get swept under

I am watching Jesse Ventura's big announcement on Larry King Live. He has definitely made the right devision to not run for the Senate, but that does not change the fact that he has always been and continues to be an idiot.  However, I like what he has to say about how completely nonsensical the media coverage of the presidential election has been.  As Jesse said, who cares who a candidate's minister is?

And though I think Jesse is a ding-dong, I did have his WWF doll when I was in middle school.




In other news . . . Every once in a while, I am a bit of a technology nerd. The new video for Radiohead's superb song "House of Cards" has brought this nerd out in me. Radiohead has always been cutting edge, so leave it to them to film the first video without cameras. I cannot really do it justice in any explanation of my own, but it involves laser capture and other nonsense. Check out this website to watch the video, and then you will want to watch the "Making Of" video as well. Fascinating stuff, and as I have mentioned, it could not happen to a better song.

9 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger MISTER TERMINEUS posited...

Man, that photo brings back some childhood memories. I had a little collection of those figures, although Jesse wasn't actually one of them.

I lived in Minnesota a few years ago and hardly anyone had a kind word for Mister Ventura. Most of the people there felt he was a lousy governor. My thought: "Uh, duhhh."

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger PBear posited...

Jesse wasn't the best, but I'll always agree with his commentary on our two-party political system.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

Chris and I are currently watching the end of the 6th season of The West Wing and watched the episode where Arnold Vinick (Alan Alda) makes his religion-shouldn't-be-a-part-of-politics speech. Sigh, if only that came out of the mouth of an actual presidential candidate.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

that is the best music video i have ever seen/heard/experienced.

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Tom, have you looked at the Data Visualization thing on that page? You can manipulate Thom's head all around, and if you press the play button, you manipulate it while the song is playing. Very cool.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Unfortunately when it comes to quoteunquote ministers/reverends like Wright, it isn't their religion that I care about so much as their political rhetoric. That's why he's an issue.

As far as Jesse goes, he went down fighting in Predator and Running Man and that's about all I can say for him.

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

well what i mainly respect about jesse is, like maccain with pork barrel spending, where other politicians might sit around bleeding, wasting tax payers money with antiseptic, gauze, and such, jesse just doesn't have time for that. i just think that's great.

oh and no i haven't checked out the data visualization stuff, but ima do it now.

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

sorry, *ain't got

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Ah, Running Man. Who ever thought it would spawn two governors? God Bless America.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home