Thursday, July 03, 2008

The loom of fate

I saw Wanted the other night, and I must say that I was very pleasantly surprised.  It is completely ridiculous and unbelievable (bending bullets and yes, a "loom of fate") but also completely entertaining.  James McAvoy is very funny, and Angelina Jolie kicks some good ass.  And it is also nice to see Morgan Freeman lighten up a little.  The special effects are top-notch, and the action is hilariously crazy.  Wanted is extraordinarily violent, and has a few good plot twists.  No Oscars on the horizon, but a very fun night at the movies.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

Did you ever see Shoot Em Up? I wonder how the two compare in terms of tone. Also, you must go see Wall-E, it is quite wonderful.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Erik posited...

Wanted was much better (and much more packed) than I thought it would be when I saw it opening night. You're right though, the Loom of Fate is the most ridiculous thing ever.

Wall-E is definitely amazing. The animation is the best I've ever seen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home