Thursday, March 20, 2008

Uncertain of all / save that they enter

Happy First Day of Spring (and winter storm warning for Chicago . . .)

Sorry for the lack of posts. I have been having big problems with my computer, and more recently with my ISP. It seems my signal is working in bursts and spurts, so websites only come up about half of the time. Very annoying. The cable person is coming tomorrow.

Two things:

1) Yay spring break!

2) As I have mentioned, I love my new job quite a bit. One thing I never mentioned here is that technically my job was a one-year job--I am filling in for someone on a leave of absence. I was a told when I was hired that I might be rehired next year but that I needed to know ahead of time that long-term employment was never guaranteed. I never mentioned it here because I did not want to think about it. The prospect of not having a job had nothing to do with performance, but rather with class section numbers, etc.

Anyway, today I found out that they do want me back, and I do have a job next year, and I signed my contract today for next school year! So that is a huge load off. Now I can be happy and relatively stress-free for spring break.

5 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

Yay!! Also, when your internet is up and running, you should watch my video for "The Mariner's Revenge Song."

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger PBear posited...

Do you think you'll be at this job until you retire, or do you have other future plans in mind?

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Benson posited...

Congrats, bud!

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Congratulations on the rehire!

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Thanks for the congrats!

Adam, as of right now, I see myself here for a long time. No future plans right now, since I love the job and I love Chicago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home