Thursday, June 07, 2007

Poetry from pain

I had a bit of a scare with my iPod today. I loaded some songs onto it this morning before heading out to visit some teachers at my new school, and when the iPod was still hooked up to the computer, all was well. But then when I got to the car and hooked up the iPod, all of a sudden, the iPod was empty! No songs, no videos, nothing. All 4,301 songs gone! Clearly this was the worst thing that could ever happen in the history of the universe.

So when I got home this afternoon, I nervously hooked my iPod back up to the computer . . . What was going to happen? It was like waiting to find out whether or not the nuclear holocaust was imminent . . . only worse.

But lo! The files all appeared when I clicked on "John's iPod." But I knew I was not in the clear, since the songs had all appeared on the computer before. The true test would be after I re-disconnected the iPod . . . Ever so gingerly, I disconnected . . . Then I checked the contents . . . And everything was there again! It was a miracle.

This brush with disaster has taught me a lot. I realized that before this whole incident, I have taken my music devices for granted. I just assumed they would always be there for me. I will never make that mistake again. I am just so happy to have my files back.

So to celebrate, I thought it might be time for a bit of iPod Magnetic Poetry:

I've come here a thousand times, some things never change,
And I'm a little too late,
And my eyes are falling fast and deep into me.
You're the reason I am waiting
Thru the empty space.

He steadied his rifle with his target in the center--
(How I'd love to be your man)
24 hours with the king of snake.
The sound of the engines and the smell of the grain,
I hope that it's gonna be real.
Perhaps I set you too free.
We in step, in hand, your mother remembers this:
All I need is somewhere I feel the grass beneath my feet,
And I know it's over - still I cling.

Key:
"Come Back Down" - Toad the Wet Sprocket

"I'm Going To Stop Pretending That I Didn't Break Your Heart" - Eels
"Black" - Sarah McLachlan
"From the Rooftops" - Groove Armada
"We Only Come Out at Night" - Smashing Pumpkins
"Sleeping In" - The POstal Service
"Rush" - Big Audio Dynamite
"Shudder/King of Snake" - Underworld
"Decatur, Or, Round of Applause For Your Step Mother!" - Sufjan Stevens
"I Feel Nothing" - The Boo Radleys
"My Juvenile" - Bjork
"Catapult" - R.E.M.
"Asleep on a Sunbeam" - Belle & Sebastian
"I Know it's Over" - The Smiths

5 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger PBear posited...

The same thing happened to me, only the songs didn't come back.

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

mr w, what's your email?

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

My most-used address is
johnwann (AT) comcast.net

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Same thing happened to me, except the songs didn't come back, and then it DIED.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger sherlock posited...

I've had that happen before, I just reset it and shook it a bunch then they came back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home