Thursday, February 16, 2006

It's only springtime

The Saint Etienne concert was amazing. I was 3 feet from the stage, which helped make this 12-years-in-the-making experience all the better. Sarah Cracknell's hotness was set to full hotitude, and the band played many of my favorites. My cousin Christie and I had an amazing time, and it always nice to be back in Chicago.

One of my favorite things about the concert was meeting other Saint Etienne fans. Many people I talked to at the concert were lifelong fans, many of whom had travelled great distances to be there. It can be a lonely world being passionate about something that very few other people even know about. But last night, all those souls were in the same room, taking in the rapturous fun.







10 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Blogger Jason posited...

I wish I were Sarah Cracknell. Nobody ever notices when my hotness is set to full hotitude...

*tear*

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

St. Etienne's lead singer is 53?? Wow, the years have been good to HER.

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Whaaat???...... Sarah will be 39 in April.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Yes, Erik. Jake's brother was kidding. But she certainly does not look like she has had 2 kids!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

Hey, I'd never even heard of St. Etienne before you started posting about them. You can't expect me to know these things.

Plus after that Bowflex commercial with the 50-something grandmother who looked like she could be 25 anything's possible. ANYTHING.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

I mean, Sheryl Crow just turned 44. 50 is the new 35.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Madonna is 48, but she got a hernia from performing at the Grammys!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

Hey thanks for posting the pics. That was an awesome show. Are you familiar with the Magic Numbers? Appartently a band St. Etienne are fond of. They are coming to Chicago in April.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Thanks, Nadeem.

I don't know Numbers, but I will look them up!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

And by "Numbers," I mean Magic Numbers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home