Tuesday, November 15, 2005

They can never take our freedom!

Why everyone in college should study abroad for at least a semester.
Part One.


Today, I was thinking fondly upon my days spent at the University of Stirling in Scotland.


Favorite monument dedicated to William Wallace that I could see from my dorm everyday:

Favorite castle that I saw everytime I took the bus to the grocery store or anywhere else:


Dorm I lived in that sat below the aforementioned Wallace Monument:


*Note: My experience with Stirling and the Wallace Monument, which I climbed on several occasions, was all pre-Braveheart. Now apparently it is even more of a tourist spot.

7 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

I love William Wallace.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

i think experience another cultur is esential to growing as a person...

Than again my views have always been a little skewed.

Oh, and after this year, I most definatly plan to study in other countries as well. It´s well worth the money.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

There were three castles in the town where I stayed in Germany. We didn't really have the picturesque Scottish countryside to go along with it, though.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Brett posited...

Very elegant and beautiful,my only question is when do we get part II?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

It will be ongoing...

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Dr Em posited...

i never studies abroad in college and i totally regretted it. fortunately, i had the opportunity to study in sweden while in graduate school. it was a great experience.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger hannah posited...

yep, sometimes the funds are just not in place.

and i don't qualify for study abroad aid because i already have loans out and don't have a credit worthy cosigner.

woot woot for the lower class.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home