Friday, November 18, 2005

Step Off, Ansel Adams!

With red tape cleared up, my iPod has arrived safely, and I look forward to getting to know it better. My friend Jake tells me, "At the risk of hyperbolizing, it will change your life."
How hyperbolic of him!

Here are some fine works of art, which you can bid on at the upcoming art auction:



Still Life with iPod and Plant




Still Life with iPod and Red Potatoes




Still Life with Duck, Pinecone, and iPod



Eight museums have already contacted me.


So I have spent quite a bit of time loading my cds onto the iPod. Obviously, since it just arrived yesterday, I have not had time to load too many cds yet, but as of right now I have 644 songs loaded. I have tried to load a mix of old cds and new cds on the iPod to begin with, but as most of you know, the loading is a tedious process.

Anyway, here are the first 30 songs that came up on shuffle:

  • "Love Less" - New Order
  • "Selective Memory" Eels
  • "The Last of the Laughter" - Travis
  • "Wrapped Up in Books" - Belle and Sebastian
  • "Wish I Was Skinny" - The Boo Radleys
  • "Go West" - Pet Shop Boys
  • "We Just Won't Be Defeated" - The Go! Team
  • "Breathe In" - Frou Frou
  • "Oh, Detroit, Lift up Your Weary Head(Rebuild! Restore! Reconsider!)" - Sufjan Stevens
  • ""Fun Fair" - Tahiti 80
  • "Dirty " - Underworld
  • "Fireplace" - R.E.M.
  • "Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own" - U2
  • "Galaxy of Emptiness" - Beth Orton
  • "Toxic Girl" - Kings of Convenience
  • "The Good Old Days" - Eels
  • "I'm a Cuckoo" - Belle and Sebastian
  • "Golden Lights" - The Smiths
  • "I've Lost the Reason" - The Boo Radleys
  • "Speed of Sound" - Coldplay
  • "Finest Worksong" - R.E.M.
  • "How Can I Apply?" - The Trash Can Sinatras
  • "Air Pollution" - Page France
  • "Roy Walker" - Belle and Sebastian
  • "Sing" - Travis
  • "Yesterday When I Was Mad" - Pet Shop Boys
  • "Walk On" - U2
  • "I Told You So" - New Order
  • "The Engine Driver" - The Decemberists
  • "Sleeping Bear, Sault Saint Marie" - Sufjan Stevens

You're right, Jake. My life is changing as we speak.

21 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

I'm stuck back in THE STONE AGES with my 15gb iPod

I'd really like a new one.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

i dont havean ipod, which might be the reason for this, but i do not see how you could ever need more than 3000 songs on one machine at one time. i just dont. and dont accuse me of having non-eclectic taste in music, cuz thats not it.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger J0hn posited...

DragonForce occupies a larger portion on my iPod thatn the amount of sounds would indicate.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

I still use a CD player. There, I said it. I confessed, now I feel better.

I really would like an IPod thoe, then I wouldn´t have to haul my CDs around the world with me. It´s just a matter of money.

Tja.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger hannah posited...

tom, the reason i had my ipod was because it's much easier to carry all my music in a machine rather than have to lug around all of my cds or my computer.

i used it in my car primarily, and walking to class last year. it's like a cd player, except you don't have to worry about cds. because it's all there.

that is, until it died. hope you bought an extended warranty, w.

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Josh posited...

Don't be bitter, Hannah. Just remember the happy times you had together.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Vinnie-Senza posited...

whoa, besides the ipod, why do you have a wooden duck and pinecone?? What's up with that??

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Good question...
The pinecone was something I picked up on a drive around Lake Tahoe several years ago.
The wooden duck belonged to my grandparents, and they always had it in their living room. When I was little, I always loved it because the head was backwards, and so when they died, I wanted to have it. It is very tacky and not my style, but you know . . . sentimentality and such.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

Dub, quite honestly I now know why I got my Bs in art all those years.

Those still lifes impressed me greatly :-)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger matt posited...

how much for the one with the potatoes?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I went with the 30gb duck, but I use it to store videos and audiobooks.

Matt, I am not sure where the price is now. At last auction bid, it was at $11,250.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

$12,250 *raises paddle

ok hannah, that makes sense... thanks.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger jimaal posited...

tom, stop telling other people what to spend their money on you fricken communist.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

ok?

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

did you go for a protective shield at all? i've heard of fingerprint and scratch issues with the black ipods.
and 3000 songs sounds like a lot, but it's wonderful.
and vinnie i was going to ask the same question re: duck/pinecone.
and i don't think i could live without my ipod

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Nice list.

I don't have a single one of those songs on my iRiver ;)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Tay posited...

tom, i was in your boat. but now that i have my 30gb (its white) i just absolutely love it. i mean i have all 450(ish) songs i have ever owned on it, but i can put so much more on it. i have two episodes of the west wing, some snl skits, things like that. and that takes up a ton of space, the videos i mean. plus i have my pics on there, so really its now more than just music. i can look at matt anderson dancing drunk while listening to "thank god i'm a country boy" (thanks jason) by john denver. its wonderful...

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I think you should sell your pictures of Matt Anderson dancing drunk to John Denver to Apple. It would make an excellent iPod commercial.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

whatever. im getting a 2 gig nano. and i wont regret it.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Tay posited...

tom, i'd go with at least the 4 gb. trust me, you are going to want the space. you figure 500 songs really is your whole library now. but that's going to grow significantly in the next couple years. trust me, pay the extra fifty bucks.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

Most people have well more than 500 songs anyhow. I have approx. 3000 on my computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home