Tuesday, November 15, 2005

iPod Flu

I have made the plunge.

I ordered an iPod. 30 gb. Black.

I never really needed one before, since back in Brainerd, I was always either at home, in my car, or at work, and in all of those places, I could always listen to music. But now that I am a student, with time spent on buses, in libraries, etc., the iPod will prove quite useful.

It should arrive this week, so I am looking forward to that.

However, here is the tracking info from FedEx:

Left Shanghai -- November 11

Arrived at Anchorage, AK -- November 11


Arrived at Indianapolis -- November 12, and then every day since then, there has been what they call a "regulatory agency clearance delay."

My iPod is stuck in Indianapolis due to a clearance delay. If I had known it were coming from Asia, I would not have had it preloaded with The Byrds, The Eagles, and six versions of "Rockin' Robin."


HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Holy shit I'm funny!!!!!!!!


Anyway.

Here are some songs I currently like a lot:

"7/4 (Shoreline)" by Broken Social Scene
"Only This Moment" by Royksopp
"Spine" by Page France
"Milk Bottle Symphony" by Saint Etienne
"Baby I've Changed" by Fountains of Wayne (I copied you, Vinnie)
"O, Sailor" by Fiona Apple
"Clear the Area" by Imogen Heap
"The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts" by Sufjan Stevens
"Halloween" by Matt Pond PA
"Precious" by Depeche Mode
"Sky Starts Falling" by Doves
"Hung Up" by Madonna (I'm not afraid.)

10 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Blogger P "N" K posited...

I'm a bit chagrined. I don't get exactly why that was funny.

And I actually am Asian.

oh the shame.

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous posited...

6 versions of rockin' robin? I can't even stand one version of the song!

Oh great, now I have the bloody song stuck in my head!

I guess it is funny, in a twisted way.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Tom posited...

does the joke have something to do with the bird flu?

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Tay posited...

wanninger, why did you change your blog menu. i liked your old one way better. it was funny. and yes, you are very funny with the whole bird flu thing.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Sorry Tay... I was making a small change to something else in my template, and I acccidentally saved it to the wrong version of the templates I have saved on my hard drive.
Problem solved.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Hah. Rockin' Robin. More like AVIAN FLU Robin.

Get it? ;D

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger matt posited...

i was going to ask you what you thought of imogen heap. i am in love with her/them

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Her. She has an amazing voice. She was in a great little group called Frou Frou, which I also recommend, esp. their song "Breathe."

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger markymark posited...

i am currently obsessed with imogen heap and frou frou. i could listen to hide and seek all the live long day

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Dr Em posited...

i love my ipod.

i also love your joke about bird flu. ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home