Thursday, December 16, 2010

What happened to my sweet girl?

Black Swan


I don't want to say too much about Black Swan, Darren Aronofsky's psychologically disturbing new film about a balletstar ho give a bit too much of herself to her role in Swan Lake. Basically this movie must be seen to be comprehended. And even then it may not be comprehended.

Do go see this movie if:
  • You want to see one of the most brilliant and all-in performances in a long time. Natalie Portman achieves stunning new heights as an actress here, and she should win the Oscar.
  • You are intrigued by psychotic mothers
  • You find Mila Kunis beguiling. I do.
  • You're ready to surrender logic for a while.
  • You can handle some truly frightening, mind-twisting scenes. Some moments in this film truly scared me, more than most horror films.
  • You want to see Winona Rider go crazy.
  • You don't want to breathe in a steady manner for the last 20 minutes.

Many people won't love Black Swan, but you must see it.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

I liked it, though I am not sure if the climax was quite enough for me, after all that tension.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home