Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Movin' on up.

I'm back.

After a long and painfulfive days of dealing with Comcast and getting my service transferred, I have said a fond Fuck You to ol' Comcast and switched to a new company. The mess started with the technician who slowed down outside my apartment on Thursday but never stopped. I called Comcast and the person told me the technician tried but that no one was home. Then everything just snowballed from there, and rather than rehash it here, I will just wipe it from my mind.

I really love my new apartment. I am in a great residential neighborhood called Ravenswood, which is in between some very fun and happening neighborhoods, namely Andersonville and Lincoln Square. My apartment is twice as big as my old apartment and $300 cheaper. And I am half a block from the train I take to work, so I will get 15 more minutes of sleep! (Fifteen minutes does not sound like much, but if it is the difference between 4:45 AM and 5:00 AM, it is a huge amount of time. Yes, I wake up that early for work.) My apartment is also conveniently located near two CTA train lines, making it easy to get around.

My new apartment building, which is on a lovely tree-lined street, has a delightfully landscaped courtyard:

Click for larger pics.
(This is the front of my building. My apartment is the first floor row of windows [where the fan is].)



Looking down the walkway of the courtyard.


A Buddha stands outside my doorway.

I look forward to reporting more about my new 'hood.

3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger undulatingorb posited...

Looks great and I can't wait to see it in person!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger ComcastCares1 posited...

Congrats on your new beautiful place!

I am sorry to learn that you have decided to receive service from another provider. I am here to help in case you decide to come back as one of our customers.

Regards,

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Uhhhh . . . weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home