Thursday, August 10, 2006

(Some Articles optional)

I am willing to abide by the ruling of the Supreme Court.
-- G.W.B., Chicago, Illinois, July 7, 2006

Bush's use of the word willing is quite telling here, and fits pretty well with his ideas about being president. He actually thinks he has a choice about the whole "separation of powers" nonsense.

But really, this is just a prelude to my post. Someone asked me recently why I have not been blogging about politics as much lately. I used to write about it all of the time, and I am sure I will write more about it as election time approaches.

One reason is that the topic simply depresses me. But this reason is minor. The real reason I have not been lambasting the president and the government lately is that it feels so obvious. I mean, I would not write an entry that said, "I believe that the sky is blue," or "Lately, I have realized that there are lots of stars," or "In my opinion, oxygen is good." So why would I need to blog about the president and his administration being a complete, abject, full-scale disaster whose incompetence has led to nothing but failure after failure?

I mean, everyone knows the sky is blue, right?

4 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger CM posited...

unless its during a hurricane or tornado, then it's green. Which has been for the past six and some years...

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger constant_k posited...

Dub, do you realize that oxygen is at least partially responsible for approximately 100% of all the fires in human history? Didn't think so.

So next time, think first before you announce your universal support for an element, eh?

Unless if it's Americium.

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

Umm, yeah, I did realize that. Fire is good. Fire. Fire. Fire.

But like you, I do blindly and unquestioningly support Americium.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Jason posited...

Probably not as much as Toby Keith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home