Monday, September 05, 2005

There's no colour and no sound

These days, I cannot stop listening to certain songs. When I listen to the albums, I rewind these songs over and over.

This song list is quite diverse, and some of the songs are more well-known than others, but I fullsoully* recommend giving one or two a listen (from whatever source it is that you get your music):

Doves - "Black and White Town"
The Decemberists - "Song for Myla Goldberg"
Broken Social Scene - "Cause = Time"
Grandaddy - "The Group Who Wouldn't Say"
Beck - "Girl"
Arcade Fire - "Rebellion (Lies)"
Iron and Wine - "Free Until They Cut Me Down"

* fullsoully - not a real word

7 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger CM posited...

Arcade Fire are awesome in my humble opinion.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

I feel cultured being familiar with all of those songs prior to reading the post.

However, I prefer "Crown of Love" by the Arcade Fire, "Naked As We Came" by Iron & Wine, "Go It Alone" by Beck (off of "Guero" anyway), and "Caught by the River" by Doves.

Maybe it's just me.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

All great songs, too.
But when you say "I prefer" you don't need to follow it with "maybe it's just me"! Of course it is: that's what PREFER means. Don't hedge. Be bold. Come on, Erik! Geez.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

My bad. lol

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Erik posited...

BTW, I like how you linked to every band's website on this post. A nice touch.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Maya Kuehn posited...

beck is my homeboy.

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger "Jackie" posited...

beck is just one step behind prince.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home