Saturday, August 07, 2010

Gaga ooh la la

Day One of Lollapalooza was great. I was not interested in many earlier acts, so I really only saw three shows. Devo was fun, and they hold up well. Hot Chip was amazing. I have never seen them before, and as I have mentioned on several occasions here, they are one of my favorite new acts in the last few years. They really put on a good show, but not one with a lot of theatrics. They just simply play their songs, pumped up with live energy. Excellent.

And then Lady Gaga. Holy crap this show was awesome. While I have really liked the music she has put out, I am most intrigued about Lady Gaga as a product and as a phenomenon. I just think she's very interesting and brings some boldness that pop music has been missing for along time. I also knew ahead of time that she puts on a spectacular show, and that is just what it was: a spectacle. I loved her attitude, her costumes, her sets, her music, and everything else. And she proved once again that in addition to all the spectacle, she can really, really sing.

And thanks to my friend Lisa, who had camped out for most of the day, I was pretty close to the stage and right in the center. So we had an awesome view, and I was able to get some good pictures. I'll just let them speak for themselves.









I can't let this one speak for itself. I was very amused by the sign language interpreter in front of the stage.
She was dancing around, signing with an air guitar when there was a guitar solo, and signing words like "disco stick."











4 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger Virtual Farmgirl posited...

Fantastic pix! Were there a lot of hearing impaired folks in the audience?

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger CoachDub posited...

I doubt it!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Serenity Now! posited...

Oh, so jealous here. I love Lady Gaga. Go Lisa for camping out and getting so close to the stage. Thanks for sharing your pics.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous deedub posited...

Van Morrison did the same set back in '77

 

Post a Comment

<< Home